Re: Omega Research and Y2K

Many thanks for this official statement - or is the address a fake ?!

Mitch Ackles wrote:

>  as post Year 2000
> dates by the programs. The Company expects to offer, on or before June 30,
> 1999, to all registered customers in good-payment standing of the current
> shipping versions, an appropriate solution to such Year 2000 issues. It is

1. Do you think that the offered date is ok for the collection of data for Jan,
Feb, Mar contracts/options ? I'm an user of the FutureSource Manager/Server - I
don't use the Omega server, I have to use the Omega gateway ! Can I also expect
these problems ? and most important, is your patch applicable to the
Server-Gateway ?
2. Why do you address the y2k patch after the release of Version 5 s/w ?
3. Can you be more specific regarding lost functionality after correcting the
date issue ?
4. People claiming, that several issues in EL should be addressed by such a y2k
patch. Is this correct and will Omega something do for it ? Or means lost of
functionality after the patch lost of functionality in EL for TS4+y2k patch ?

Thanks again for your e-mail! Best Regards
Frank Koch