Re: Who makes money?

In a message dated 98-10-24 05:51:33 EDT, jeffwcbs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is anybody making their *primary* living daytrading? (Not designing/selling
>     futures related products/services while trading)

I am not, but I know someone who does trading stocks.

>  How do you pass the time during the day while trading?

Watching open trades and searching for new ones. There is very little idle
time during market hours. Bathroom breaks are a luxury.

>  To what do you attribute your success?

IMO, his success is due mainly to hard work and perserverence. He puts in
about 80 to 100 hours a week including market hours. He's also a very good
chart reader.

>  Is your trading mechanical or discretionary?

Mostly discretionary, although he uses TS a lot for exit signals.

>  Do you think you're one-in-a-million, or can your success be emulated?

I hope it can be emulated, because I've been trying!