Re: Omega Server

Dans un courrier daté du 25/10/98 02:16:45 Heure d2iver Pari45 Madrid,
doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> >  I need a little help.When I open TS it does not see the BMI server.All
>  >of my indicators are still in place  on my pages, but not the data from
>  >my portfolio.It is empty.What do I need to do to enable TS to access the
>  >server ,which has substantial data within it? I tried re-installing TS
>  >version4.0,build 19 and overlayed build 21, but that did not work.It
>  >seems apparent that there may be a file in TS that is referencing a new
>  >server but not the old one. Suggestions would be appreciated.
>  >
>  >Terrence Smart

I do not use BMI, but ComStock.
The data structure  is the same.

If your data file Bonn.dat is gone, nothing to do if you have no backup.
If only the portfolio list has disappeared ( no symbols in the portfolio), try
to find a file with the LST extension.
(cmstk.lst for ComStock, should be bonn.lst).

If the file has disappeared, try to see if you have a backup in the same
directory (if the option has been ckecked in the server).
You should find something like bonnkb.lst.

Rename it to the correct name (server closed) and you should recover.

If nothing works and the data are here (bonn.dat file), you may try to
recreate your portfolio.

Then delete the bon.IDX files from the server and open again.
It will rebuild the index files and maybe you will be OK.

IN ANY CASE, DO A BACKUP  before trying what's above.

After, you can also do a new one...

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin