y2k woes & omega

this will be my final comment on this subject. i agree that too much
time has been spent on omega's y2k woes on the list. in essence, we
are "preaching to the choir." so, i'll just bit my tongue and shut up.

however, i plan to carry my fight off list and directly to the doors
of omega's corporate officers and board of directors. i plan to write
monthly letters (not e-mail that's often deleted or filtered) that are
courteous, curt, and to the point in my y2k concerns of not receiving
a patch on a timely basis, and demanding a y2k patch for current
version software immediately. also, i plan to cc: the letter to the
sec, cftc, nfa, bbb, attorney general's office of florida, and
attorney general's office of my state. in addition, all the above will
be receiving a bimonthly letter from my attorney stating pertinent sec
regulations for timely y2k compliance for publicly listed corporations.

if omega would get several thousand snail mail letters demanding y2k
action, then we might get the software fix quicker.  better to clog up
omega, futures, and government regulatory bodies than clog up this
list that no one in omega, for the most part, pays attention to. even
if the letter blitz doesn't work, at least i'll feel better knowing i
tried something.

over the last year, i've strongly recommended that traders consider
other software options that are y2k compliant. if it's not compliant,
then don't buy it. most of the time, they stick with their current
software and wait.  i'll continue to pitch this view until such time
that omega gives me(us)the patch they promised on this list nearly a
year ago.

i think that omega will be lucky to get ts5 out the door before the
other 30,000+ screamin banshees come breakin down the doors in summer
'99 demanding that omega do "something."  the press will feed this y2k
fear frenzy too. y2k lawyers will have a field day working y2k cases
pro bono well into the next century.

i think the only way we'll get a y2k patch for ts4 is if it's hacked,
decompiled, fixed, and recompiled by a pirate source.  these guys
could really clean up moneywise. normally i don't recommend hacks or
cracks, but desperate times demand desperate measures.

TJ

we will see