Re: METASTOCK and other stuff

> From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Confession, I cant get the damm thing to run on either BMI or DBC!  It
just
> doesn't run and I haven't taken the time to cll them yet.  But getting
the

same problem here - the damn DBC DataMgr just does not work and most
programs
written for this "server" has to keep changing to keep up with the no
standard
no rule DBC/BMI Data Mgr. so no luck with MetaStock Pro at all, although
paid
for the product already.

Oh, I got it worked once, but the program has no idea what so ever to do
with
futures! have to add symbols separately, and wasting time on it just made
me very
frustrated.

so, i think the switch from TS is not because of which front end program,
but
which backend server! The omega server does not work since day one of v3
and
still does not work upto the current v4 - it just take 100% cpu time.

Like daytrader, tradelab, they support the UMDS, so if i don't like one of
them,
i can switch without losing any data i already collected because the server
survive the transition. BTW, i think UMDS will be able to import/export
tick
data from/to ascii files soon.

So, OMEGA, switch to UMDS too and TS 5 can be coded in a month.
Probably not, as Omega wants to keep their file format proprietary :)

-Lawrence Chan