Re: Momentum & Velocity

> I suspect a lot of people (myself included) are confused here, partly
> because of what seems to be incorrect terminology.  As Trade Jack
> noted, velocity and momentum are basically interchangeable.  Correct?

Yup, "momentum" is only one of many words from science and mathematics
that gets a new meaning when applied to trading. Words such as "fractal"
come to mind. On another list, with a more scientific orientation, I
coined the phrase "trader babble." Someone correctly pointed out that
this was unfair to traders. A more correct phrase would be "guru babble"
or "vendor babble." :-)

--
   Dennis