RE: Momentum & Velocity

The best analogy I can think of that explains the difference between
velocity and momentum --as I see it-- is that of a rocket launching into
space.

The velocity is the speed at which it travels away from the earth and the
momentum is the force that propels it after the fuel is spent and it begins
to slow down.  From a Market perspective, I want to be able to determine a
specific reading on the momentum curve--  i.e. The point where the momentum
drops to zero and the coordinate on the curve where that event occurs.  Much
more valuable for trading if referenced to past similar events.

I realize that the mathematicians are probably spinning on their keyboards,
but that's the definition that works for me.