TASAC's '97 Institutional Trading Platform Award

I've heard Kaucher's charge that S&C awarded first place to a product that
didn't exist at the time, to wit:

">Mark Brown
>BTW, you might want to ask yourself how far the fraud goes. Can you tell
>me how Tradestation\DTN wins the award from TASC for best institutional
>trading software when it wasn't even available at the time of the survey?
>You couldn't even buy\lease it from DTN. I tried! Advertising revenue can
>work wonders! Charles Kaucher to John Sweeney     circa 1997 - 199?
>================================================== "

Actually Dow Jones/TradeStation (not DTN/TradeStation) won in 1998 (See
Bonus Issue, page 16). We received numerous votes for Dow
Jones/TradeStation from users and it was installed, so this widely-repeated
charge is incorrect.

BTW, the product is now owned by Bridge and information on it can be found at

http://www.djmarkets.com/nhome/products/tradest.html

Lastly, it's important to keep in mind that the Readers' Choice Awards are
exactly that: READERS' choices. They aren't S&C's choices. They aren't John
Sweeney's choices. They are "elections" and we all know that elections
produce discomfiting results.

John

John Sweeney, Tech. Editor  Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities
Technical Analysis, Inc.    The Traders' Magazine
4757 California Ave. S.W.   Phone: 206 938-0570  Fax: 206 938-1307
Seattle, WA 98116-4499 USA  Web: http://www.traders.com/
Contents may not reflect official opinion of Technical Analysis, Inc.