Can You Make a Living at This?

I am a new trader.  I joined the list to help decide if I wanted to purchase
TS (what an education I got there!!!).  Right now all I can see is the
potential of the markets.  However, I read alot about most people losing
money.  I wonder how all of you are doing?  Without compromising anyone's
privacy, I would like to get some sense of what you have actually gotten
from trading.  I have heard alot of stories of one big trade for different
individuals, but given the daily ebb and flow of the markets what is the
long term return?

I also think it would be useful to use a few real world examples to help
educate ourselves (or maybe just me if everyone else already knows this) as
to what methods work best.  I have read alot about indicators and whether
they can predict trends or just tell you after the fact it has happened.
Cotton has dropped alot lately.  I wonder who thinks it has hit bottom and
is about to turn up (and why) and who thinks it still has a ways down to go
yet (and why).

Tom