Re: ANSWERS to Re: Window on Wallstreet Day Trader Pro

Oops,  Omega = Dead Meat!    Well maybe not in France where the public is
less informed!  MB

:FR:  Sean Davis, Window On WallStreet
:TO:  The Omega List
:
:There have been a number of questions on this list about Day Trader Pro
:since we announced its pending release months ago.  My apologies if this
:email falls in the "too much information category", but I'd like to answer
:the many publicly and privately asked questions about our products,
pricing,
:and shipping schedules.
:
:We originally targeted the 2nd Quarter of '98 for the completion of
:TradeTalk and release of Day Trader Pro.  However, we focused more of our
:resources on the development of our real-time data service, the Financial
:Data Cast Network (FDCN), and the Internet-integrated products of our
:version 7.0 software.
:
:We are currently shipping both Day Trader 7.0 and Internet Trader Pro 7.0,
:and FDCN is pushing real-time data and full-text news across the web right
:now.  With these new products and services shipping and online, we are
close
:to releasing a beta version of Day Trader Pro.
:
:WHEN SHIPPING? ---
:You can expect Day Trader Pro to ship in the first quarter of 1999 after a
:beta period to begin shortly.  Note that our company's beta testing periods
:tend to measure in weeks rather than months as our Day Trader 7.0 testers
:will attest.
:
:Those interested in being a beta tester can email their interest to --
:solutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:
:YEAR 2000 COMPLIANT? ---
:Yes, all the products we ship are Y2000 complaint.  Day Trader Pro, of
:course, will also be.
:
:E.L. COMPATIBLE? ---
:Day Trader Pro will be fully compatible with existing EL code.  We have
also
:focused on correcting many of the limitations inherent in EL, therefore we
:believe that the same code will actually run better on Day Trader Pro than
:it will on a TS platform.  If you are not currently using EL extensively,
:the existing programming language in WoW products will probably meet all of
:your needs.
:
:PRICING? ---
:Day Trader Pro will be priced at $2,499, however there will be an
:introductory special and competitive upgrades offered.  For example, those
:who purchase Day Trader now get one full year of real-time data and
:full-text news for FREE.
:
:REAL-TIME vs. EOD ---
:ALL of our products now support real-time data, even our $50 version sold
at
:CompUSA.  Internet Trader products support RT data in quote lists and
minute
:bar charts, but for intraday analysis, whether RT or delayed, you will need
:Day Trader or Day Trader Pro.  NOTE that for EOD users -- our "TradeTalk"
:module will be available as a separate upgrade to Internet Trader Pro (IT
:Pro replaces Professional Investor 5.0 in our product line) so you need not
:step up to Day Trader Pro (or TS) unless you need to perform intraday
:analysis and testing.
:
:PERFORMANCE and SYSTEM REQ'S ---
:One of our beta testers for v.7 actually ran the program on a 486, though
we
:recommend any Pentium class machine with Windows 95, 98, or NT.  Version
7.0
:is our 3rd 32-bit version of software so we are quite experienced in this
:type of code.
:
:INTERNET, BROADCAST, and NETWORK versions ---
:Currently, Day Trader 7.0 is only shipping in an "Internet Version", but
our
:existing customers and those that prefer to use broadcast data feeds can
:expect broadcast versions shortly.  Feeds currently supported with v.6 are
:DTN, DBC, BMI, S&P Comstock, and PC Quote.  Institutional/Network versions
:will also be available.
:
:LINKS --
:Customer Service & Sales - 800-998-8439 or 972-470-4700
:Info - wowinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:Day Trader info - http://www.windowonwallstreet.com/dt7internet.html
:Internet Trader product tour -
:http://www.windowonwallstreet.com/touroverview.html