Re: Indicators, Beagle or human

Trade Jack wrote:
> more like "impossible" since the best neural (as in human brain)
> scientists really don't have a clue how human thought processes
> actually work.

I don't think you have to know exactly how the thought processes work
in order to approximate their results.  An airplane doesn't fly in
the same way that birds do, and you don't have to understand all the
detailed principles of bird flight in order to develop an airplane.

Again, it ain't easy, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

> and that's not even taking into account "intuition,"
> the bug-a-boo of most system traders.

I believe "intuition," for 99% of all discretionary traders, is just
another word for "some rules I have stashed back in my head that I
really don't understand."  Like I said, those deeply buried rules are
damn hard to pry out of the expert's head, but again, it's not
impossible.

Gary