Re: Indicators [I don't gamble, thank you]

Allan:

Ok, perhaps we've found the common ground. It was important for me to speak out
for common trading skills. I don't in any way denigrate how you or anyone
approaches trading or the markets. In fact, there are many markets I *know* I
can't trade successfully, and perhaps that's because they are too complex or the
tools I have cultivated in my trading aren't suited for those markets. Sometimes
it seems that people are being steered to use the most complex methodology
available for any task--and sometimes, smaller is better. Admittedly, sometimes
faster, stronger, more complex is better.

And by the way, for people just getting their feet wet, there is nothing wrong
with learning a variety of trading skills. If I had a son [I soon will have one]
and he wanted to learn to trade, I would advise him to study materials about the
markets and find a method that caught his eye. And I would certainly urge him to
learn computer programming and try to find traders that used intricate
indicators and methodology--he might find that it suits him. But most important,
I'd urge him to keep an open mind and carefully explore new methods, as well as
carefully refine what he finds works. A very interesting discussion--I hope
other people are interested as well.

Best,

Tim Morge