Re: the FEd FORWARNING thing

  • To: Phil Lane <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: the FEd FORWARNING thing
  • From: "hans esser" <he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:05:51 -0400 (EDT)

>  Makes you wonder why they didn't just jump it 50 points right off the bat.

Simple: As the market would NEVER be as high as it is now - EVERBODY was
expecting/DEMANDING "50" at the time - the FED & Greenspan showed that
they are INDEPENDENT and taught the "market" a lesson last week - and I
conclude:  WELL DONE  - clap clap clap !!!

So with raising the same 50 but in steps they got more "bang for the buck" <g>

Ive been learning "Central banks action-expectations " the hard way from the
BUNDESBANK in the currency markets in last 10+ years, I know one
thing for sure "Expect the Unexpected"! In other words: The Bundesbank
ALLWAYS tried outmost to be NOT forecasted - they still succeed these
days :-))

> A side question: Are the stops at
> whatever price executed in the same order as they were entered?

No, open outcry markets dont care who was first by entering the order - in
contrast ELECTRONIC markets like DTB (eurex) give preference to first come,
first serve - which I think is just fair.

However MATIF plans/does/wants to give preference to the SIZE of the order -
as we know HERE, french are a bit different sometimes :-))

rgds hans