Re: 200 day ma (yeah!)

For what its worth I hope that both boom (MB)and bust (Omega Man) market
views come true within their own time frames - nothing like a volatile
market.

My own 2 cents is that if your TA fits in with a scenario where MR Average's
stock portfolio will be shafted then that is probably what the market will
do -

so on that basis ...after a (volatile) market run up to Nov (which makes Mr
Av think twice about taking more cash out from the market) and giving the M
funds a glowing school report and fat bonuses (call it a relief rally or "
market bottom") we see a massive sell off perhaps to TJ's mid 700's for S&P
( The funds who didn't short before will really make hay).  Then the cycle
will start over again... (because Goldmans is still private) ensuring enough
tradeable opportunities for the list...

I think it was Neil Weintraub ( personally I will miss your 3 cents!)  who
mentioned that the mkt appears to decline three times as fast as it rises.
Great - so volatility is here to stay - hoorah - unless you hold stock who
cares where it goes as long as its limit down and Greenspin reduces US rates
(when he's supposed to) -  and the Euro herd follow - I don't mind paying
1.5% on my UK mortgage.

Afterall why catch just one downmove when a recession can offer many big
range opportunities both up and down - Then theres the "perceived" and
"actual" threats posed by the Euro - the next big excuse for market
writedowns and write ups - offering real boom and bust both sides of the
pond for the market and usd...yipee