Re:TradeStation Server & Windows NT (CORRECTION!)

:Hello Mr. Powell and Mr. Mazzulla,
:
:I apologize that one of the lines had a typographical error when sent
by the
:technician.  The character should be an "=" equals sign, not a "+" plus
:sign.
:
:Since the data feed does not use flow control, Windows NT 4 sometimes
:detects the data feed as a serial mouse.  This can cause problems with
the
:port as you have seen.
:
:Windows NT 5, which should have enhanced plug-and-play capabilities,
should
:address this issue.  Additionally, our version 5 series of products
will not
:access the COM port directly, but rather interface with the data
provider's
:data management software.
:
:Once again I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.
:
:Sincerely,
:
:Ron Ruth
:Omega Research, Inc.
:Customer Support

: >The boot.ini file should look as follows:
: >........... /noserialmice=noserialmice
:
: Which line is correct? First, they state
: "type..../noserialmice+noserialmice" and then they state
: "the boot.ini file should look as
: follows:...../noserialmice=noserialmice".
:
: Are we supposed to type the "+" or the "="????
:
Jim

:Windows NT sometimes looses track of it's comports. To correct your
problem,
please do the following:
1. Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel.
2. Double click on the Ports icon. Make sure to add com1, with it's
correct settings, if it's not there.
3. Click on Start, then Find, Files or Folders. Look for the following
file: Boot.ini
4. Under the Operating Systems section, you should have two lines, both
of which start with something like Multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0)
partition,
etc. At the end of each line do the following
- Click on the spacebar to add {I changed it here to=(-dp)}a space and
type the
following:/noserialmice=noserialmice
- Save the changes and restart the computer.

The boot.ini file should look as follows:
[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
Version
4.00" /noserialmice=noserialmice
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
Version
4.00 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos /noserialmice=noserialmice

After this change, you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Best wishes
Christine Fabre
Customer Support
Omega Research, Inc.