From: Rich Estrem <estrem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: David Powell <dwpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: TradeStation Server and Windows NT

:At 05:57 PM 10/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
:>
:>Help -
:>Has anyone had the problem described below and figured out a fix?
:>
:>I've had the problem described below on two different machines.  The
:>first was an IBM Pentium 166 with Windows NT 3.51 platform and
:>TradeStation 3.5, then 4.0 build 19.6 all the way up to build 21.
Data
:>via cable, Com Port1, first by Signal (until the class action law suit
:>gave me a chance to switch), then (switched to ) BMI.  I thought the
:>problem was the lousy, crumy IBM box and it would go away when I
:>upgraded (wrong).  I now have a Dell Dimension XPS R400 with Windows
NT
:>4.0 service pack 3, running TradeStation 4.0 build 21.  Both machines
:>had cable data coming in on Com Port1 and the modem/internet coming in
:>on Com2.
:>
:>The Problem - when I have to take the machine down, the Server gives
me
:>the message:
:>"Hardware not present
:>FAILURE TO ESTABLISH COMMUNICATIONS
:>Unable to synchronize at 38400
:>about to try baudrate at 57600"
:>Then it cycles through all the baud rates with the same messages.
:>
:>The only way I have been able to get the thing to work is to change
the
:>com to com3, exit out of TS, Shut down the machine, turn it OFF, wait
:>few minutes, power back up, fire up the server, let it get its nasty
:>fill of com3, change to com1, and then, if I'm lucky, I get:
:>"Communications established
:>Baud rate is set"
:>Otherwise, I have to repeat the process until it works.  This can take
:>an hour, easy.
:>Any ideas?  Omega doesn't support NT and vice versa.
:>Thanks !
:>
:>
:>
:
:
:Before you start up the server, unplug the data serial cable from the
:box to your computer from one end - the bmi box end is usually easiest.
:Then start the server and while its looking for data, plug the
:cable back in and it then will connect OK.
:
:rich
:
: