Re: Trend or No Trend

>Sounds like you believe in price action and not indicators.    Well, well,
well...

I practice both, and I believe they both have their place.  I also believe
that they both can be stand alone and work.  But through the combination of
blending them one can enhance the other.  But both methods should be at
least marginally profitable on its own before being considered a candidate
for marriage.

>Can one ask what your main trading activity is?  Day trading?  Position
trading?  System? Discretion?

I only system trade, I traded discretionary in the past and was more
successful in spurts. But over the long haul you cant beat a properly built
system.  I position trade some markets and I daytrade some, but always using
a system to do so.  I have found to give up the short term control is to
gain long term success and profitability.  Interpretation:  I can
"sometimes" out trade the system in the short term.  But over the long term
It holds up and I fall apart.

>Following on from your answer, what would you describe as your main trading
aids?

Experience, Patience, Perseverance, Tenacity,  Arrogance and then
HUMBLENESS, fear, self examining ones self and motives/methods.  Then to
SUBMIT yourself to the method you have lucked upon!   Once this has been
done then you need to actually become a servant to the system, having faith
in it for your living.  If the grass looks greener on the other side you
must recall its not and pull your head back through the barb wire before you
choke yourself to death.

>Just interested - bearing in mind what you have said.

Thank you for your interest,  I hope I have not rambled on and on in the
illiterate fashion that you accused me of in the past.  I would suggest that
if you dont like my answers and comments that you not ask me questions Bill.
I see things from many different view points and am not so narrow minded as
my opponents.

MB