Re: Mad simply Mad magazine

Walt Downs wrote:

> Hi Neal,
>
> And the magazines you *would* consider academically
> correct, statistically valid and *practical* are....????
>
> Can't say one way or the other about awards, but as a
> past contributor to TASC, I can say unequivocally that
> I have the utmost respect for the integrity of Thom Hartle,
> the editor.
>
> Walt Downs
> CIS Trading
>
> Neal T. Weintraub wrote:
> >
> > That magazine is not an academic journal. It has no standing in the academic
> > community. It is interesting reading. Many of the articles could not stand
> > up to statistical analysis. Please stop using it as a bible. It is amazing
> > how the biggest advertisers always win the big awards.

There are quite a few academic journals devoted to stocks/futures/portfolio theory/...
Some that I'm aware of:

"The Journal of Futures Markets"
"The Journal of Portfolio Management"
"The Journal of Finance"
"Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis"
"Journal of Economics"
"Financial Analysts Journal"
"Journal of Economics and Business"
"The Review of Economics and Statistics"
"Econometrica"

Additionally, the Univ of IL. publishes through their "Office for Futures and Options
Research (OFOR)". They have a website w/ current, downloadable papers.

Regards,
Bill Vedder