Re: combining a system and an indicator

I'm certainly not qualified to advise you re:programming, however I did have a
similar experience in that I couldn't get a simple moving average crossover to
work properly with more than 1 data series.

Turns out that it wasn't the programming.  I mean, I simplified little by little
until I tried a simple MAV crossover and even *that* didn't work.  It wasn't that
there was some internal fault with TS.  It was the manual - that horrible
incomplete book of omissions.  It neglected to mention that when using two data
series, you need to be sure that if MaxBarsBack is 50 for a something you're using
in data2, then data2 has to have 50 or more bars in it than data1.  All
calculations have to start on the same bar.  If it isn't set up like this, then
the results are unusual to say the least.

That info may be in the manual somewhere - but I never found it (and believe me, I
looked!).  It only took two months of frustration to find the Omega TechSupp that
knew what the problem was.

Hope this helps.

Alan