combining a system and an indicator

I am trying to combine a system I am running with an indicator, and am having
all kinds of trouble.  The system is very simple, and the rules are as
follows:

SP cash is data1; BKX index is data2: data is 30 min bars

Buy close of data1 when close of MAV on data2 is x% > 5 bars ago;
Sell close of data1 when close of MAV on data2 is x% < 5 bars ago;

This system I have working just fine, but then I am trying to add an indicator
to the model which is simply:

Buy or sell a moving MAV crossover of data1.

The problem I am having is that I want to be long when both agree and vice
versa, however the MAV crossover can take me out, and then back in without the
original system changing, and I don't know how to save the status of the
original system.  I have tried using variable, values, and conditions, with no
luck...

Thank you for any assistance from the programming impaired...

-Seth