Re: next emerging country in crisis : USA.... NOT

>> If the economy is on the verge of collapse, why were auto sales up 6%
last
>> month?  Why would people take on a long term financial commitment like
that
>> if the economic outlook was so grim?  Is it possible people are just
saying
>> things are bad because it's the "politically correct" thing to do, even
>> though they see no hardship heading towards themselves?
>

>Give me a break.
>
>Consumer confidence/ sentiment is a classic contrarian indicator.

But the interesting thing here is that the "official" consumer confidence
number (which is just a poll) has fallen for several months in a row (from
record highs, granted).  Despite this, we see auto sales explode last month.
As the old saying goes, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words...

Bruce