Backtesting theS&P

Given that the S&P futures were essentially split 2 for 1 late last year,
how do we reflect this fact in backtesting. Does anyone know the exact date
when the S&Ps were cut in half from $500 per contract to $250?

I was thinking of using  something like this:

If date< Splitdate then ncontr=2 else ncontr=1;

Where "ncontr" determines the number of contracts we can trade (where in
this case, we're trying to reflect using 1 contract).

Never, ever, invest any money in a fund
whose principals include financial academics.

-from www.adtrading.com