Re : Bar Counter

Dans un courrier daté du 08/10/98 23:23:13  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 I'm having trouble finding a way to reference the absolute number of
 bars loaded in the Chart Function of TS.

 (Forget for the moment that at least according to the Data Window the
 first bar is always skipped: try a 3 day average for the close for
 example & you'll see that the program doesn't start plotting until the
 _fourth_ bar.)

 I created a function (BarN) that simply increments by one with each bar.
 I was hoping that I would then be able to call that function from
 another function.

 Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The MaxBarsBack of the calling
 function is apparently interfering with when BarN starts its
 calculations.

 Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?

 Many thanks,

 Cab Vinton
 cvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your absolute Bar Counter
 is given by the very simple formula.

Value1=currentbar+MaxbarsBack;

You may call this from any user function.
It will not interfer with the MaxbarsBack of the functions, because MBBack is
defined for indicators and systems only.
Any user function uses the indicator (or system) setting for MBBback...

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
ww.sirtrade.com