From: Nixon(MLS) <mbjp57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: The Omega Man <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Omega List
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 07, 1998 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: TS 5.0 FEATURES (....a question)

I saw but deleted by accident some comments that related to a dispute
between Omega and Futursource.   I got the impression  that for some reason
I would not be able to use TS5 with FS.  Could anyone clarify this?  Did I
get the wrong end of the stick here?

Many thanks

Philip

----------
> From: The Omega Man <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: TS 5.0 FEATURES
> Date: 07 October 1998 12:03
>

> Here are a few of the things TS 5.0 will feature:
>
> 1.)  DCOM Compliant (translation:  works with anything made by Microsoft
> (Excel, Word, Access, Visual C++, Visual Basic, etc.).
>
> All windows (OptionStation, TradeStation, Excel, etc) can exist in ONE
> WORKSPACE - I can now write a program using Visual BASIC that, for
example,
> shows me a window of some data or calculations I'm interested in...  And
> can drop that Window right into my TradeStation workspace and save it as
> part of that workspace (ActiveX).
>
> 2.)  A new type of bar called an "Activity Bar".  These bars can be
plotted
> alongside price bars (to the right or left of them).  The Activity Bar is
> defined in Easy Language just like an indicator would be.  Basically, an
> activity bar is a way to watch something which occurs "within" a price
bar.
> For example, you could watch change in bid-ask by plotting changes in
bids
> and asks as a sort of indicator next to a price bar.  Or you
> could plot the up ticks and down ticks.  Or you could plot up volume vs.
> down volume occurring within a bar.
> Very similar to Market Profile.
>
> 3.)  True 32-bit and designed for multi-processor systems (translation:
> works better with 32-bit operating systems (Win 95/98/NT), no more 64k
limit
> on Easy Language systems, unlimited number of symbols in the GlobalServer
> portfolio, millions of data points may be loaded into a chart, and lots
more
> speed).
>
> 4.)  A number of new built in functions, indicators, etc.
>
> 5.)  All new server (translation:  symbol settings are not overwritten
when
> you update the symbol universe, can track 200,000 symbols in real time,
an
> "enterprise" edition available to serve multiple clients over a network,
> just about any data vendor can be used with the "data manager".
Automatic
> downloads can store prices in a number of user-selectable formats).
>
> 6.)  Easy Language features:  Easy Language can be used on Options
Station.