Re: French insults - Enough!!!!!

In a message dated 98-10-06 14:26:23 EDT, jrt@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> None whatsoever. But as MB asks for being insulted publicly by
>  publicly insulting himself he should always receive his fair share. I
>  cannot see why he should receive any fool bonus which exempts him
>  from public insults when he insults others.
>
>  Giving it back in French has got a huge advantage:
>
>  This way I can give the insult back and the other person can choose
>  whether he understood the return insult or not. I assume that
>  neither Mark Brown nor The Code or any of his other personalities is
>  capable of speaking French.
>
>  This way I hope to prevent a flame war.

Just because someone *asks* to be insulted doesn't mean everyone on the lists
has to be subjected to the insults, whether in English, French or Easy
Language.

Also the best way to avoid a flame war, is not participate, which would also
benefit the list as a whole.

I would strongly suspect none of the parties involved would ever behave this
way, if they were together in the same room with each other, but would in fact
be very civil with each other.   Why not do the same thing here.