Re: Globex Problems (again?)

The major difference between IB and PMB is...

PMB is using a web browser interface that IS NOT real-time.  Delayed by how often you
refresh the screen or it refreshes the screen.  Interactive is an actual interface
that has a ticker and operates in real-time.  PMB, doesn't have a ticker and when you
place an order, you have to wait for one of your Netscape (IE) windows to refresh so
you know that you are in the trade.  I think the key issue is that PMB is simply an
overlay to Interactive.  They have a full-time dedicated feed to IB (Timberhill) and
when I place an order through them, they send it out on the wire to IB...

When Cubs/Tops goes down, IB does not.  As far as I know, Interactive Brokers, is the
only electronic ordering system, in which your orders sent, go directly to a floor
trader who has an eletronic hand-held unit..period.  There is now routing desk or
outages.  They only way in which there could be problems, is if the floor traders'
hand-held unit's batteries fail.

I have used both system and there is no question that IB is the best.  Only real issue
is the cost.

 Hope this helps you!

Jay Becker
MBT Financial