Don't bash Omega, just learn to read the tape...

You wrote:

In an attempt to reduce my having to press the delete button so often, I
write to suggest that it is such a waste of time bashing Omega over this
Year 2000 patch problem.  It must be obvious to everyone that the company
knows about the problem and will do one of two things: solve it or not solve
it.  There doesn't seem to be much alternative.

Let us assume that they do solve it.  Fine.  Let us assume that they don't
solve it. Not so fine, because you will have to solve the problem - which
may mean using something else.  What a bore, but hardly the end of the world
and certainly not worth ranting and raving about.

In the meantime, if you daytrade the T-Bonds the problem is so far away as
to not warrant any further discussion.  Just keep trading and earning a
living.  Save a little from the profits in case you have to invest in some
new software, this time next year, and that is all there is to it.  Relax.

Oh, if you don't daytrade the T-Bonds and would like to learn, go to
www.dbeceuro.com and look for links to T-Bonds.  If you can get to London
for Guy Fawkes night (5h November) then come to a seminar which is all about
learning to read the tape and trade the T-Bonds.  You will be made very
welcome.  And, who knows, you may leave feeling enthused about trading for a
living, rather than bitching about possibly not being able to do so in a
year's time, because of a problem which may not even exist, then.

Bill Eykyn
__________________

Dear Bill:

You are right that as a daytrader the Y2K situation is not a problem...yet.

But for some of us who position trade in addition to daytrading, it's a
problem NOW.

Currently the biggest problem (for me) is trading LEAPS. I have to use an
end-of-day program to get prices when I'm already paying for a real-time
datafeed.

Omega's total disregard for it's faithful customers is outrageous. At a
minimum, since they continually have not been able to meet their deadline
release dates for TS 5.0, =at least= do the Y2K patch & THEN complete the
work on 5.0.

Regards,

FPI