New Motherboard

Usually I can figure out something like this, but this is turning my hair
gray...
I upgraded from a 233mmx and socket 7 MB(asus txp4) to a 266 on a
BX100FSB(asus P2B) style motherboard...I kept the same drives(1 ide 3.5
fujitsu set to master,1 3.2 SCSI seagate, 1 ide cd-rom set to slave on same
cabling as primary hard drive, 1 SCSI cd-rom, 1 SCSI CD-burner)...The bios
is set to 'auto' on the hard drive specs, primary ide channel enabled, pnp
os set to 'yes'...at the same time I went from 64mgs to 96mgs of
memory(10ns) and the bus is set to 100MHz, thus giving me a 400MHz.  The
system runs and runs fast but I lost my ide cd-rom in the process, not a
mechanical failure, and my ide hard drive is now using ms-dos mode
compatibility, slowing down the drive considerably.  Under 'safe mode' I
removed the entries for the devices and all double entries when
listed...interestingly enough in safe mode the system identifies both the
correct ide hard drive and the cd-rom...

I had thought of re-installing Win95 but you can't run setup when you are
using IE4.0(version SP1 or not)...Win95 wants you to uninstall IE40 and then
run setup again...I may not mind doing this but I have no assurance that
this will fix my problem and setting up IE4.0 can be a pain....

Any Ideas....

Anyway Thanxs in advance,
Mike Lange
Siniwali@xxxxxxxxxxxxx