Re :TS5 Press Release: Did we miss something?

Dans un courrier daté du 03/10/98 02:08:13  , FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT user écrit
:

<<
 Hey man,

 I've been waiting PATIENTLY for TS 5.0 to come out for the longest time. The
 reason I had wanted TS 5.0 is because TS 4.0 is a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
 when it comes to designing and using complex trading systems.

 There are times when the systems that I designed BLOWS UP in a big way in TS
 4.0.
 For example, I get a signal to initiate a position on 1 bar. On a friend's
 computer running the same system, that signal might come up one bar
 later...or under certain circumstances, it might come up 1 bar earlier (in
 which case, my signal is late)...or under certain other circumstances, it
 might not show up at all...and uncer certain circumstances, he gets the
 signal and I don't...

 And the same shit happens on the exit signals. He might  get an exit signal
 while I get a reversal or vice versa.

 And, using the same system, on the same verison of TS, on the same data (one
 emails the other the data for use on a test computer), with the same inputs,
 we get a different system report. I might get a report showing a 60% winning
 percentage, he gets 62%. I get a ratio of win to loss of 4.02, he gets 3.96.
 I get a profit factor of 4.1, he gets 4.2.  I get 187 trades, he gets 177.
 HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??????? >>

The answer is clear:
The same code under same conditions running on different computers (with the
same data and the same settings and same anything you want  produces the same
results. Period, and this apply to TradeStation, Tradelab or whatever you
want).

It seems to me that we have already  discussed  this point and I asked to you
to provide an example of code that produces the error.
Even a dummy code will fit our needs.
For the moment, nothing excepted that you do not want to disclose anything.
Do you use it realtime, intraday , Pt & Fig,  with  DLL's , third party
software, Include systems ?
We know nothing about the circumstances excepted that you are angry.

If only one system is involved, it's probably an error from your side or from
your friend.
If the error exists in several systems, it's easier to locate it.
Unless we have this kind of information, nothing is is possible.
So we cannot help you in any manner.

If you are unable to locate where the error comes from (use a print file or
print log command to debug it, line by line), it's also probable that ou
cannot explain what is wrong.

Either you say  not enough or too much...

This kind of post is useless as many of the current posts.

It does not help us .
It does not help you.
It's pure bashing.

Rgds