Re : Re: TS5 Press Release: Did we miss something?

 02/10/98 19:04:45  , Dark Hacker parroting what we are tired to  endless read
on this list , unable to do something interesting :

<<
 It's fairly clear that Omega products are unstable, fragile, backward
 applications.  From what I've been able to gather from reading this list,
 Tradestation only recently went 32-bit.  Many of the indicators are
 flat-out incorrect and there are major deficiencies in Tradestation's
 design and functionality (like the bouncing ticks problem, the inability
 of Tradestation to handle large tick numbers, mysterious system
 crashes, etc).

 Instead of redesigning the products to be Y2K complient,
 use an open data server based on TCP/IP stacks and fix many of its
 killer faults...

(snip)

 Omega products command a premium price for its programmable systems and
 backtesting capabilities but the company will loose its edge and clientel
 as upstarts (like TradeLab) become professional and viable products, so
 I'm waiting until a product arrives that I can buy AT MY PRICE... not
 Omega's.

One more that (from his own words) does not use TS, but SC ...(I know , this
is not the problem).

Have you noticed that with NO exception, all of the bashing members of this
list that have no yet find the hardest words to
speak about of Omega ( to their credit, I must recognize that they make
serious efforts in this sense ) are all potential customers of Bob Brickey's
TradeLab .

Knowing Bob, I'm very sad for him because he will have to deal with the worst
of this list (I speak of human noble-heartedness, not of supposed or effective
programming abilities).

Frankly, he does not deserves such a punishment...

Only regarding to this , you should train yourself in recovering his
equanimity in order to deal with the futures problems that you will probably
encounter with any product, as best as it could be expected...

A good opportunity still exists for you on this list.

Do not miss this chance before it was too late.

Rgds,

-Pierre Orphelin