Re: TS5 Press Release: Did we miss something?

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Earl wrote:
>I read the announcement as release to existing customers in early 1Q 99 and
>general public in late 1Q 99 (schedule subject to revision in late 4Q 98).....

If that's, in fact, true, then the time frame doesn't seem
to make a lot of sense. According to the press release, the
s/w will be "released" for manufacture during January of
1999. I would imagine it would take a month (give or take)
to press the copies and ship them to =existing= customers.
=Then= who knows how much time will expire between the time
customers receive the s/w, start providing feedback, and
O.R. has an opportunity to evaluate it. If there are =any=
anomalies, there just doesn't seem to be sufficient time to
wrangle the code and get the product out to =new= customers
by the end of the 1Q.

Best regards,
Jim