Re: Excel related question, delete if not interested

At 05:54 PM 9/27/98 +0200, Massimo Ciarafoni wrote:
>Does anyone know the Excel formula to modify the following format
>930,....1715, into 9:30 AM,.....5:15 PM ?
>I'm trying to plot a tick-by-tick ascii file with the following format
>for the time 1031 but it seems TS can't read it if the time format is
>not hh:mm AM/PM.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Best regards.
>
>Massimo.
>
>"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who
>will never be able to repay you."
>- John Wooden

Massimo:

Create a new column (say B, for example's sake, assuming the time entries
are in A).
At B1 (or whatever), enter the following formula:

=TEXT(TIME(A1/100,MOD(A1,100),0),"h:mm AM/PM")

where A1 is the cell containing the first time value to be modified.

Copy it down for the extent of the time entries.

If you wanted, you could then create yet another column and copy column B
'by value', thus eliminating the dependence on the original time values.

Allan

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as
dead; his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein