Re: System Exits

It is the exits where most people/traders foul up.  Its hard to answer the
question how much is enough.

Most Trend following systems have a big give back in profits.  Take PPS in
Coffee last week.  It was up $4,000 and gave back 50% of its profits to
only a $2,000 profit per contract.  But that is a part of the system. There
will be less than 35% winners but the fact that Trend Following Systems
allow the market to breath help them make the big winners that pay for all
the losses (in the long run) and make some money.

Somebody like Larry Williams who likes to have lots of smaller profitable
trades and maybe a few larger losers takes profits when the market is
really positive for his position.

Exits are a function of Preferences I guess.  Wouldn't it be great to use
Trend Following entries and Larry style exits together.  Has anyone tested
something like this?  That is Buy on strength and then exit on strength.

David Hunt
http://adest.com.au