Deleted TS Files

Hello,
     I need your help. Whenever I shut down TradeStation, (which I do
once a week to defrag , run scandisk and backup to a tape backup) all
recent data is deleted back to August 4,1998. I have reinstalled TS to
try to get rid of this problem but that did not work.Fortunately, I have
backups of my data but this portends a potentially serious problem.
First, what could cause this to occur. Second, what do I do to try to
correct this problem? Thanks in advance.

              Terrence Smart