Re: static

> Just set your e-mail program to automatically delete anything that looks or
> smells Brown --
>
> Everything will make much more sense from that point forward.

Ron,

Does the "Everything will make much more sense from that point forward"
include the misleading advertising that TASC evidently allows in their
magazine from Omega research?  I read TASC and I'm still waiting John
Sweeney's response to these and other issues.  After all, he seemed to
invite such concerns so I presume he will address them.

Does the "Everything will make much more sense from that point forward"
include those that have personally thanked Mark on this list becuase they
were newbies and prior to Marks comments did not understand the seriousness
and subtleties of the pitfalls in using TS?

Does the "Everything will make much more sense from that point forward"
include the money that some may have lost by being fooled into relying
on some of the TS back-testing characteristics that cannot be duplicated
in real time and such characteristics of TS are not documented by Omega
in any way that helps the user beware?

I could go on but if my point has not been understood thus far, additional
examples will not help.

Maybe Mark's comments are irrelevant to your trading.  Maybe you have not
been mislead by the Omega ads as some may have.  Maybe you are not affected
by some nasty gotchas in TS that others are.  Maybe you have not lost money
usign TS because you've never relied on the "0 average bars in winning trades"
systems that Omega has advertised with.

But some may have and some on this list care deeply about these things.
You're entitled to your opinion but I find the opinion you have expressed
publicly on this list quoted above as serving no purpose in trading but
rather to publicly denegrate Mark Brown.

I don't always agree with Mark or others or even their way of saying things.
However, Mark does remind me of pitfalls to avoid and problems to be aware of
when using TS.  For that, at least, I am appreciative.

I hope Mark continues posting some of the material I have seen from him.

BTW, I hope Pierre does too.  I often disagree with him but I appreciate many
of his posts.  Pierre and Mark seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum
and they both take a lot of flack because of that.  I appreciate people
who have the fortitude to stand up in the wake of of pressure from their
antagonists and in spite comments like yours they still have the gumption
to defend what they fervently believe.

Chris Norrie