Re: Hedge Fund Blowups

:Would one of you mind e-mailing me with the correct spelling for Victor
:Neiderhoff?
:
:The hedge fund manager who blew himself up a few months ago.  I would
:appreciate it.

Victor Neiderhoffer?? What about Roy? Any relations?

New York Times had an article today on John Merriwether's Long Term Capital
. Essentially, it states that the NY Fed Reserve had to bail them out else
if they started to unwind their $90 billion portfolio, it'll cause other
portfolios to collapse. What I like to know is how did they get so much
leverage (their capitalization was about $4billion..now down to about $2
billion) ?