RE: Last price, closing price and settlement price

>Any system that uses Buy on Close is flawed anyway.  The results are not reproducible in real time.  PERIOD !!!

Not exactly. The problem is when the signal generating the Buy on Close order is generated by the same close.

A system that 'Buys on Close' were the signal was generated the day before is perfectly acceptable.

I make this point not to be nitpicky but rather to point out that you just can't scan EL code and if you see 'Buy on Close' then you reject things out of hand. The important point is were the signal was given vs were you exectute.

Scott Hoffman