From: Earl Adamy <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: List-omega <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 1998 11:27 AM
Subject: Spread support

There has been discussion here regarding lack of TS support for trading
spreads. I don't trade spreads, so I'm not one to offer comments or advise
and I don't really know exactly what features are required. However, I do
use Ensign Windows (supported under both DTN and BMI) and the docs seem to
suggest that Ensign does have considerable support for spreads and ratios:

"Ensign Windows allows you to  Overlay  multiple charts on a host chart.
Charts can also be subtracted from each other to create a  Spread Chart, or
divided into each other to create a  Ratio Chart.  Chart overlay data can
also be adjusted with multipliers and offset prices."

It's also very simple to construct custom symbols using real-time data for
multiple symbols - my key intraday breadth indicator is built in this manner
using the NYSE issues and volume symbols. At any rate, spread traders might
want to visit www.ensignsoftware.com, download either the DTN or BMI
version, install it in a fresh directory, read the appropriate Help
sections, and experiment with some of the same data.

Earl