Re: TL_Easy Language Mathematical Precision

  • To: "James F. Mazzulla" <sci@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TL_Easy Language Mathematical Precision
  • From: "The Omega Man" <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:41:58 -0400 (EDT)

Bob Brickey wrote:

>Even though it is possible to print more precise-looking numbers on the
>screen, TS4 and TS5 both perform mathematical calculations using what is
>called "Single Precision" in Visual Basic.  Easy Language function
arguments
>are passed as Single Precision values.  Results are returned as Single
>Precision values.

Sometimes it is hard to make a point.

Who said that one must use EL with TS 5?
Who said anything about using EL functions?

We all know that EL is single precision.  The point is that, given TS 5.0's
open architecture, you need not use EL - not for charts, not for plots of
indicators, not for communications, not for anything.  Is that so hard to
grasp?

Good trading,

The Omega Man

>Even though it is possible to print more precise-looking numbers on the
>screen, TS4 and TS5 both perform mathematical calculations using what is
>called "Single Precision" in Visual Basic.  Easy Language function
arguments
>are passed as Single Precision values.  Results are returned as Single
>Precision values.

Thanks for the clarification, Bob. Can you tell us if this
is =particularly= problematic and, if so, what, if any,
course of action needs be taken? TIA

Best regards,
Jim