Re: TASAC and TradeStation

John,

It requires considerable time to determine how to repetitively reproduce a
bug and then document the steps in a form which can be followed by a tech
support person. I've spent hours and hours creating such reports only to
have the reports ignored by Omega TS and Bill Cruz personally. Not even an
acknowledgement with a thank you - just ignored. I've done this with the
downloader, the main software, and the quarterly CD. Having decided that I
will no longer do business with Omega, I recently cleared out my rather
extensive set Omega bug files, so I have no examples on file.

The most recent bug I have reported upon in detail is the Omega PivotHigh
and PivotLow functions - very easy to find the bugs if you build a simple
ShowMe with strength of 2 or higher and scan a couple of pages for obviously
erroneously marked pivots - William Brower even noted that this error has
been covered several years earlier in his TS Express - a package of
functions is available for around $100 which includes the fix that Omega
doesn't deem worthy of fixing. Or you might note the current ongoing
discussion of floating point errors and spurious divide by zero errors in EL
(another one I've previously identified to Omega upon receiving divide by
zero errors on calculations which are conditioned not to execute when the
divisor is zero). Or you might like to build a take a spread sheet which
properly implements WW's RSI and compare it to the results produced by Omega
TS - Omega's produces incorrect results for first 50 or so periods (another
one I've previously identified to Omega).

I have barely scratched the surface here! Certainly TS/SC are very useful
products with many excellent features not currently available in other
products; however anyone undertaking even casual reading of this list can
not be unaware of the fact that Omega's quality control and support are well
below acceptable levels. The fact that a majority of Omega users are not
aware of the many bugs does not mean that these bugs do not exist. It simply
means that most users have not taken the time and effort to verify the
operation and accuracy of the tools.

Earl