Re: Please answer the two questions!

To whom it may concern:

The question of what is closing and settle price?  I am of the impression
that the closing price is the price which is punched in on the last trade
effected on the closing bell.  The settle price is the price at which the
exchange effective settled that market based upon all closing activity and
the final trade effected.  I could be wrong. But that is my understanding
of close and settle prices.
Regards
Al
E-mail ATaylor@xxxxxxxxxx  / Web site http://www.pmbinc.com
Toll Free Direct: U.S. 1-888-236-5902  Toll Free Abroad=  United Kingdom:
0500892682 Germany: 0130814819  Netherlands: 060226997 Switzerland:
0800894108  Italy: 1-678-76918
Local phone: 1-312-407-6023 Fax: 1-312-407-6050/49/54 General Office Toll
Free: 1-800-6PMB INC  General Office Direct: 1-312-407-6000  Ext. 6023/Al

----------
<Dejan.Corovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Omega-List Forum <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Please answer the two questions!
> Date: Wednesday, September 23, 1998 9:15 AM
>
> Mark Brown -
>
> This list knows only too well your capacity for rambling on and on and
on,
> in illiterate fashion, but, bearing in mind your first sentence, do you
> actually have an answer to the question?
>
> Bill Eykyn
>

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I hope that somebody can enlight me on the following two issues:
> >>
> >>1. What is the difference between the 'Close' and 'Settle' price?
> >>   How is 'Close' price actually arrived at?
> >

> >I'll enjoy answering this one.
>
> >If you have a system that generates a buy on
> >close.  And that close was the Friday of Super Bowl Sunday and you had a
> >Bond model that gave you a buy on that close you would have learned what
> >have learned about all of this.  I knew that I was getting close to a
buy
> on
> >the bonds that Friday and I did some calculations and I was definitely
> going
> >to get a buy on the close of the bonds.  So just prior to the close of
the
> >bonds I went in and got long.  Sure enough when the bonds closed Friday
> >did get a buy arrow that poped up just as predicted.  So the other
markets
> >closed and we all went home for the weekend.  Weekend over they notice
the
> >power had gone off in the building, they called me, I decided to stay
home
> >that day.  They said hey the buy arrow on the bonds is missing on the
Ned