Random vs Pure vs Mixed data

>Mark:
>I'm not sure I understand the difference between 'valid data and random
data' but I'd like to hear more about it.
>Tim Morge

I categorize random data as data that has a short term impact on the market,
but yet not valid in determining the overall directional mission of the
market.  To understand this completely (and I believe you do, but I'll
expound here a bit for others) you must first know without a doubt what the
general directional intent of the market is.  Now Intent is Only after this
is fully understood  (and this alone is difficult at times) can one start to
thing about capitalizing on short term random price moves whether with or
against the trend.  Yet that is another theory of trading, I failed to
mention in the original post.  Price shocks could be a general description
of random data, if they are instigated by something other than orderly price
flow.   MB