I want to purchase a TS: Summary

Hi,

I would like to kind of summarize for you the replies I got to my
question concerning the purchase of a Trading System:

I received many messages saying that such a system does not
exist.

Some replies were in the line of "Why not give your money to
charity so you will at least do something worthwhile." Others were
like that: "Are you serious? Don't think such a thing exist, or the
developer would ever sell it, and if there is, he's too busy living it up
in the Bahamas." or "Of course, if any of us had this system, we'd
be very happy [I am guessing MB would buy Omega and turn it into
a charity for destitute newbie traders] and very rich."

Others just told me to take my time and do my homework.

These comments were all very enlightening and highly educational
to me. It seems that you experienced traders don't believe in
buying trading systems. It also seems that either you don't have a
good trading system or you will not share it.

Ralph Vince in his book "Portfolio Management Formulas"  wrote a
completely different assertion:

"If, like so many people, you do not believe you can find a decent
system for sale, you are sadly mistaken. True, most systems that
are for sale are junk, yet some are very good, and some are terrific".
and he completes: "systems, like market ideas, are 99.73% junk".

My question to all of you is:
Aren't you guys validating the random-walk hypothesis? Why are
you still in this business?

Any comments will be gladly appretiated.

Alfredo