Re: Re : TASC (was Mirror Observations)

In a message dated 98-09-23 09:07:23 EDT, Orphelin@xxxxxxx writes:

> John Sweeney is a long time serious writer in a serious Magazine (TASC).
>  If he was doing this (reading  Omega bashing messages), the level of his
>  magazine could be close to a Starr report.
>
>  Let's say again that Mr Earl Adamy do not own a TradeStation copy, so that
> he
>  do not qualify to comment any of the so called bugs supposed to exist in
>  TradeStation, as he is unable to verify any assertion.
>  Ths is not important to him, because the goal is not here.
>  Earl is closer to the carbon copy ink sheet (used to the rope)  than  to
the
>  creative writer pen.

Pierre

          I have to jump into this one.   First attacking Earl because he may
not own a copy of Tradestation really isn't appropriate.   I don't know, but
he may well be able to see the problems with someone he works with without
owning a copy himself. (I am not an Omega basher, but in fact a satisfied
user).

         However I do have to agree with him about the TASC product review.
In my opinion they are worthless.    When I see them review someones product,
which my experience tells me what he has written is 90 % hype, and the same
issue has a full color, gold embossed ad, I can't help but he slightly
suspicious.   Lets face it the magazine is first and foremost a commercial
venture to make money.  If it were really in the service field, he would test
junk systems, that are sold,
 and publish how they really perform.  Of course them those folks certainly
wouldn't advertise.  So obviously the thing to do is NOT review a product you
know you can't say good things about.   This is certainly just good business,
but the reader needs to be well aware of this when considering whether the
magazine is a good source of info.

                               Pete