Off Topic: Off Topic

Dear Friends, et al:

Recently I received the following reprimand:

>Charles,

>Please don't post any more of this stuff.
>The list is too noisy with topics related to trading;
>these "off topic" discussions don't belong here.

>Thanks,

>Jim Osborn
>Maintainer of the Omega List.

This was due to the following lister's complaint:

>Charles

>             Just to be up front,  I don't think is is >appropriate,
and
>I did
>protest to Jim Osborne.   This will turn the Omega >list, into just
>another
>source of junk E-Mail.  If everyone on the list posted >something like
>this
>everyday, the list would be dead.  Think about it.
>
>                                   Pete

Apparently, then, SOME "off topic" stuff is OK, while other "off
topic" stuff is either too "off topic," or somehow doesn't conform to
an unwritten code of "off topic" acceptability.

Anyway, not to belabor the point.  I know many of you don't agree with
everything that I post, but most of you have been willing enough to
take my "off topic" material along with everyone else's.

Occasionally, BTW, I do post things on topic! :).

Anyway, the list police have determined that my posts are in violation
and so I want to thank you all for putting up with them as long as you
have, and apologize to those few others of you who are offended at the
presence of differing viewpoints from your own actually being
available on the list.

As for me, I wish you happy trading and Adios.

BTW Jim, this is also a request to delist.  Everyone else knows where
to reach me if so inclined.  If I come across anything compelling,
I'll re-up.

Thanks,

cDw.