Re: CME ARB

Stewart,

My new broker did not question my not signing the consent to arbitration
form.  It appears to optional. I never tohought about it until now.  I
thought arbitration would be fair.  I can't say that I feel that way
now.   I  will not sign one again.

There is a consent to jurisdiction that from what I could see had to be
signed. That seems fair.

Regards,

Tom

Stewart Taylor wrote:

> I have had many institutional accounts refuse to sign the standard
> arbitration agreement.  In almost every case the corporate credit and
> compliance depts. went along with it.
>
> After I found out that the firms didn't really fight to hard over the arb.
> agreement I began to always advise my new clients not to wave their rights
> to a trial or outside arbitration settlement.
>
> I don't recall ever having opened an individual account (but I have never
> had more than a very few of these) that wasn't required to sign the
> arbitration agreement.
>
> Luckily, I have never had an account that needed arbitration.

<snip>