Re: NEED SOME HUMOR? y2k letter

At 08:58 PM 9/15/98 -0700, Trade Jack wrote:
>ya got a y2k patch form for distribution that we can send to omega?
>
>the "well, you'll get it someday" argument is getting old real fast.
>any ideas on bringing in the sec?  probably swamped as it is.
>
>TJ
>
>gee, i wonder if there's a y2k patch cycle on this list that's
>tradeable?

yep here it is;
Robert

>Data & Service Providers Subcommittee
Vendor Readiness Review Questions

. Provide a high level overview of your Year 2000 project.
What is your communication plan to deliver critical information to customers?
What strategy has been defined for contingency planning efforts?
List major milestones.
Describe the current status of the project including any key near term
events.

. Provide a list of all  your products including:
Product name
Product type (real time data feed, database, trading system, custodian bank
services, transfer agent, etc.).
Product contact name and phone number
Description of format changes, if applicable
Planned product Y2K compliance date and release number.
Start of client testing for this product.

3.	Will there be any remaining two digit display or report fields in any of
these products?

4.	Will any of the listed products be removed from service prior to the
year 2000? If so,  is there a substitute product that provides the same
functionality? Please provide the name and description of this product.

5.	If the product is a data feed, will you provide test data?
When will the data be available?
What will it cover (transaction types, date ranges, volume, etc.)

6.	Is a database conversion required to move to the Year 2000 compliant
release?  If so, will you supply the conversion tool(s)?

7.	If installation of a new release is required to achieve Year 2000
compliance, are there other significant non-Year 2000 changes in this
product release and what are they?

8.	Description of your test plans and methodology
Did you test across the Year 2000 boundary?
Did you test for Leap year in 2000? In 2004?
Did you back up across the Year 2000 boundary, if applicable?
How was the date manipulated for testing (date simulation routine such as
Tick Tock or actual roll forward of the hardware clock?)

9.	List any critical third party product dependencies.

10.	Does your plan address business infrastructure issues, e.g.
telecommunications and building systems such as power supplies?