Re: Searching the Starr report

Please be careful when using the email auto- "So and so wrote:" quote.
Deming did not write the first part of this email, rather he responed with
the ">> This is not a sex scandal report". - Deming

>> >Nope this is it, if he had something other than sex we wouldn't have to
>> >deal with this sex scandal now.
>> >The Starr report was written and designed to embarrass the President and
>> >turn public opinion.
>> >He was successful at embarrassing the president but there is nothing
>> >criminal here just sinful.
>> >Public opinion is still high for Clinton to stay despite this ugly
attempt
>> >to change it
>>
>> snip...
>> Deming replied:
>> This is not a sex scandal report. It's far more serious than that. It's
>> about how he lied twice to a jury, attempted to influence witnesses and
>> obstruct justice.  If he would have admitted his sexual affairs way back
in
>> the Paula Jones case, he wouldn't be facing impeachment now. However, he
has
>> chosen the path of deception in hopes of coming out clean. Now he's in
some
>> very hot water and must pay the price of his deception. It seems that his
>> apologies always coincide with concrete evidence against him. This makes
his
>> apologies and tearful speeches seem very insincere. He's behaving like a
>> child who lies until he's caught in the act and then repents--give me a
>> break. In addition, he's vowing to fight the impeachment proceeding with
all
>> he's got. Does this sound like man who is truly repenting?  He should
resign
>> on his own now, or be forced to resign later during impeachment
proceedings.  - Deming

>-  Conrad Bowers:  While I believe Mr. Clinton was unfair to his wife, I
believe it's
>natural to lie about an affair.   He should not have lied in court
>proceedings, I agree.  However, one must weigh the cost (not just $) of
>prosecution vs. the benefit, the size of the crime vs. the damage this
>investigation is causing our country.
>
>IMO, they should have quashed the perjury investigation until after Mr.
>Clinton was no longer President, and then they could have a trial,
>probably ending with a plea agreement.  While he is President, there are
>many isssues both here and abroad for the government (both executive and
>legislative) to be looking at.  Once he is a private citizen, then it's
>all between him and the courts, with very little effect on the country.
>
>The initial misjudgement and misdeeds were Mr. Clinton's.  But I believe
>Mr. Starr has done significant disservice to our country.
>
>In my conversations with factory workers and management at the plating
>plant where I am chemist, and with traders at an omega users group, not
>one has indicated that Mr. Clinton has committed an offense worthy of
>removal of office.  Everyone I spoke to indicated the investigation had
> [...]

Deming Replied: Clinton should have admitted his wrong doings when accused
and this would never have built up to this point. Then it would have been a
matter of merely a sex scandal rather than lying to the grand jury, etc. He
is solely responsible for the cost to the American People and remains
repsonsible until he resigns.  He alone could end this overnight and release
the country from his grip of deceipt.