Re: optimal f values

Peter,

Your quote of Vince's statement that, "...the lower the optimal f, the
better the system" takes me by suprise.

I have read all three of Vince's books and do not recall him making such
a statement.  As a matter of fact, on page 42 of his latest book, The
New Money Management, he states, "One quickly realizes that the better a
trading approach appears when traded on a one-unit basis, the higher the
optimal f is".  This statement appears to directly contradict the
statement which you had quoted.

Would you do me the favor of citing the book and page number containing
the statement you were referencing?  It's quite obviously a passage I
need to go back to and re-read.

Thanks.

Dave