Re: S&P Tick Counts

Carroll Slemaker <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx> wonders:
>Is anyone else seeing such shockingly low tick counts as Richard and
>I, or what???

I'd noticed the day-session tick counts abnormally low, and wondered...
The interesting point I also noticed was how many more ticks there
were on some of the globex sessions than on the day sessions.

Looking at tick counts for the 24-hour sessions, they seem about
what I'd expect, 6-8K, and nearly 10K on 8.28.  I just thought
the volatility had scared off the little guys like me, that each
of those ticks was representing a lot more contracts than formerly.

So, what's the real story?  Is BMI choking off the ticks somehow?

Jim